Welcome to the MMPI Medical Community

CLICK this button and introduce yourself!
patel
Site Admin

Welcome to the MMPI Medical Community

Post by patel » Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:21 pm

Medical service/therapy providers, we need your input! MMPI’s purpose is to support the optimal development and inclusion of children with developmental and learning differences, and your work and medical insights are critical to successfully including children with diverse needs in Montessori schools. How can we support your work? The MMPI Medical Community Forum is where you can talk directly to the worldwide Montessori Inclusion Community.

Montessori education was born out of the field of Special Education and is a medically-based educational model; these characteristics make Montessori education exceptionally suitable to integration with medical and therapeutic interventions and inclusion. What do you need to work effectively with children in a Montessori school and why should you recommend Montessori education for the children you treat? These are just some of the questions you may have about working with children in a Montessori environment.

Please share your questions with our community- use these conversation starters or just start typing ….we are waiting to hear from you!

• I work with children who have these needs: _______________________. What does Montessori education offer these children?
• How do I collaborate with teachers in providing medical services/therapies in a Montessori school?
• How are interventions implemented into the Montessori program?  How can I communicate with team members?
• What should I know about Montessori education when I observe or provide services to my patients at a Montessori school?
• Share your perspective on what benefits the children you treat receive from their Montessori school.

Please sign in to our Medical Community Forum and introduce yourself—our members would like to meet you, find out where you located, what is your specialty or therapy, and maybe share some ideas you have about Montessori for inclusion and special education.

We are looking forward to meeting you!